Monday, September 19, 2011

Parrot T-Shirt is Finished; Carousel Horse Box is Begun

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments on my works in progress...and thank you for all of your good wishes for my upcoming art event! =) I haven't finished the angel relief yet, but here are pics of the completed parrot shirt....

















I sketched and transferred my design for the Carousel Horse Box and have already started painting on it. I love the way it looks already, and will add highlights and a bit of color to give it that circus/carnival aura....

Hope you are happily creating beauty, too! Kathryn

11 comments:

  1. These are two beautiful items, the uplifted wings of the parrot make a real statement and the blue horse, very pretty. Good luck at the slam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaw-dropping beautiful! Lots of luck at your show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, wow! Both pieces are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Gloria! Yes, I sketched that parrot purposely with the outstretched wings so that it would be a strong image. I am often at a loss for gifts for men because most of my stuff is so soft and feminine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Debbie and Stacy! Glad I could knock your socks off =) Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. your work is just beautiful,, love them both, thankyou for visiting and I'm joining you right back,

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see you here, Laurie =)I love your work and your blog! Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really nice art work:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathryn, your parrot tshirt looks great! I am loving how the Carousal Horse is turning out too. I miss Paint Party Friday and am hoping to get back to it soon.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brenda =) Thanks so much!
    My participation in stuff is hit and miss lately, too. This gets to be a busy time of year. Tourist season is beginning here in Florida, and my family puts on a fabulous "authentic" haunted barn for Halloween...which benefits our local cat rescue organization. Busy, but good busy =) Kathryn

    ReplyDelete